The subproject 1, which is developed by University of Salamanca, is called “Current manifestations in Criminal Law of aporophobia”: “Criminal Law of exclusion”
The objectives are:
- Carrying out a criminological analysis of an increasingly aporophobic criminal model. For this purpose, data related to criminal actions which affect the exclusion of the poor will be provided. This analysis will focus on Spain with a comparative perspective, especially with Germany.
- Studying the ideological bases of the criminal law of aporophobia: radical functionalism, managerialism and punitivism. The purpose of this objective is to offer a critique of such ideological bases and to promote a return to doctrinal currents of a guarantee nature and more respectful of the legitimizing principles of criminal law in a State of social and democratic Law.
- Identifying current manifestations of the criminal law of aporophobia in Spanish law and, exceptionally, in foreign law. This objective includes a confrontation between the “friendly Criminal Law” and the “Exclusion Criminal Law”. This aims to make a comparison related to the different criminal treatments. Some examples are: White collar crimes and exemption from criminal responsibility of legal persons related to friendly Criminal Law, as well as minor crimes (minimum theft, top blanket, non-violent occupation of real estate), immigration criminalization or petty drug dealing according to excluding criminal law. Also, there are many poor people in prison. For this reason, the problem of deprivation of liberty derived from subsidiary personal responsibility for non-payment of a fine will be analysed, and how it affects the most disadvantaged.
Regarding the members that make up subproject 1:
Dra. Ana Isabel Pérez Cepeda – University of Salamanca
- Prof. Dr. Agustín García Laso –University of Salamanca
- Prof.ª Dr.ª Beatriz García Sánchez -University of Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid).
- Prof. Dr. Guillermo Portilla Contreras – University of Jaén.
- Prof. Dr. Juan C. Ferré Olivé – University of Huelva.
- Prof. Dr. Juan Terradillos Basoco -University of Cádiz.
- Prof.ª Dr.ª María Acale Sánchez – University of Cádiz.
- Prof.ª. Ayudante. Dr. Víctor Macías Caro– University of Pablo de Olavide.
- Prof.ª Dr.ª Ana E. Liberatore -Universidade de Sao Paulo (Brasil).
- Prof. Dr. Frank Neubacher –Universität zu Köln (Alemania).
- Prof. Dr. Hector Olasolo Alonso – Rosario´s University (Colombia).
- Isabel García Domínguez – University of Salamanca.
- Prof. Dr. José M. Paredes Castañón – University of Oviedo.
- Prof. Julio Fernández García – University of Salamanca.
- Prof. Dr. Lars Berster -Universität zu Köln (Alemania).
- Prof.ª Dr.ª Mayda Goyte – University of La Habana (Cuba).
- Dr.ª Nicole Bögelem -Universität zu Köln (Alemania).
- Wendy Pena González – University of Salamanca.